I have been nominated for an award. Haha. Ironically I have been nominated for an award by a fellow blogger… but honestly, if I had heard the of award I would have nominated her. Funny how things work.
I was nominated by the fantastic and super sweet Jules, from over at Beautiful Chunk who was nominated from someone else. She’s such a sweet girl.
The award is called the “Liebster Award.” It’s basically for bloggers who are new to the keyboard scene and have less than 200 followers. Which I totally fall into that category. I honestly have never heard about the award, but I can’t wipe the silly grin off my face. Ha
There are some rules to winning this little award, which kind of makes me think for of like a gameshow. Where we win an award instead of a hefty load of cash. Of course, I don’t know how legit this is…but it kind of reminds me of all those Myspace survey things that I obsessed over for months. Besides, I love talking about me (duh, I write a blog…I think it’s a prerequisite to being a little vain) and I would love to hopefully make someone smile for nominating them as well.
1. List 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs!!
So without further ado, my answers
11 random facts about me
1. I have a rather strange fascination with piercings…I had a total of 19, don’t worry, I don’t wear them all at once.
2. I am going to college for my PhD in Classical Studies. I would love to teach University.
3. I am a budding Underwater Archaeologist, I’m working towards my Part 3 section of my NAS certification (I’m gonna find Atlantis).
4. I don’t like being tickled… the whole “tickle sensation” is a tad painful.
5. I have an unhealthy obsession with shoes.
6. I’m in the process of finishing my first (of 8-9) novels in a Paranormal Romance series
7. I love being on stage and acting, but I am terrified of giving speeches.
8. I don’t touch meat. I’ll eat it (as long as it doesn’t have a bone) and cook it, but I cannot get myself to touch it.
9. I thrive on getting the “shock factor” from other people.
10. I adore Hermione/Draco fanfictions
11. I have read the Iliad and The Odyssey at least 10 times apiece. I love Homer!
So my Jules (my “tagger”) asked 11 additional questions…so here we go.
If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?
I would go to New Orleans, maybe never leave.
If you could buy anything and the price didn’t matter, what would you get?
I would buy myself everything I needed to open the Cupcake shop of my dreams.
If you called in sick from work on a gorgeous day…what would you do?
Jump in the car and just drive. Doesn’t matter where or what I’m doing…but that’s what I’d love to do
What is your favorite childhood memory?
This is a heavy one… but the 2 years my dad was sober. Bike rides, fishing, BBQs, football… good memories.
What is your favorite joke?
Hmmm… What’s brown and sticky? A stick! Haha!
What is your favorite social media app?
I still like Myspace. Haha.
What is your current obsession?
Burn out shirts (you know, the shirts that are kind of see through. Tank-tops are a must
What is your favorite piece of jewelry?
A heart necklace I got for mother’s day from Landon. I wear it every day.
If you could recommend one piece of advice to someone, what would it be?
Don’t let anyone tell you what future is appropriate for you. People aren’t going to understand the kind of future you want…but it’s your future. You chose it!
What is your favorite color?
Blue, Fushia, Teal, Pink.
What is your dream job?
Owning my own cupcake bakery to pay my way through college. And then starting a Classical Studies program at a certain university.
And here are my 11 questions:
1. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be?
2. What is the one fear you would like to tackle?
3. What is your worst habit?
4. If you could go back in time, where would you go?
5. What is your biggest insecurity.
6. What is the best dream you have ever had?
7. What is your favorite tv-show?
8. If you could only pick one food for the rest of your life to eat, what would it be?
9. Favorite Halloween Costume of the past.
10. Goal you want to accomplish in 2013
11. Is someone was going to pay you 1000 dollars to publish your deepest darkest secret…would you take the money?
I hope those were good ones. And now onto the bloggers I nominate.
1. Criss CrissFit
2. Manda Kay Manda Kay Makes It
3. Laura Laura Must Lose Weight
4. Melinda Does This Scale Make Me Look Fat?
5. Sara Chunky Rants
6. Amanda Fat Bitch on a Misson
Hmmm, apparently I need to be on the lookout for more newer blogs. There are a couple that I follow but I know for certain they have more than 200 followers (ok, maybe not for certain, but I am assuming so because of how long they’ve been around) Although, I’m not even sure if the few I chose have less than 200, I’m just going off an assumption. I’m lame. Hopefully I didn’t break the rules too hard.
Thanks to Jules for making me smile when I read the post. A great surprise for me! Made me smile like I had just won an Oscar. Haha.
Good Luck Everyone!